For over nineteen years the Greater Merrimack Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau has been helping
its member businesses succeed by bringing tourism dollars to the region. From large events like the Lowell
Folk Festival, right down to the smallest museum opening, the Convention and Visitors Bureau takes pride in
letting the world know about all the wonderful things our region has to offer. Rich in history, culture and
wonderful wild places, the Greater Merrimack Valley is a unique destination for visitors. The Valley's
first-class venues, hotels, dining and attractions also provide attractive, cost-effective options to
sports organizers, tour operators and event planners, a fact evidenced by the region's ever-increasing meeting
and event business.
- Member businesses and member-hosted events are listed on the Convention and Visitors Bureau's Web site, seen by thousands of people each month seeking accommodations, dining, events and attractions.
- All Members are listed in the annual Greater Merrimack Valley Visitors Guide, available at hundreds of hotels, attractions and businesses throughout Massachusetts.
- The Convention and Visitors Bureau continues to attract visitors, meeting planners and tour operators
through its co-op ads in regional and national publications including
Group Tour Magazine, Going on Faith, Group Travel Leader, and FSI Pre-print.
- The Convention and Visitors Bureau can organize media FAM tours, issue press releases, and work directly with travel writers and editors to publicize events and attractions.
- Daily Face book entries to promote your events - over 2100 Face book Friends as of April 2, 2013 and growing
- Daily Tweets promoting member businesses and events to more than 1,076 followers as of April 2, 2013 and growing
- Constant Contact promotions highlighting the Greater Merrimack Valley, its members, events and overnight packages to 5000 plus opt in recipients monthly. In addition, we are continuously harvest email addresses from our monthly sweepstakes promotions to increase our database.
Travel Industry Updates
- Receive our monthly e-newsletter outlining the latest member and regional tourism news, events, travel stats, trends and more.
- The Convention and Visitors Bureau represents its members at conferences across the United States including the American Bus Association, National Tour Association, Destination New England, and the Religious Conference Management Association.
- Members are invited to participate in regional and state-wide marketing events, professional enrichment programs, conferences and trade shows at discounted rates.
- Convention and Visitors Bureau sponsored events and mixers help members take advantage of networking and partnership opportunities.
- We actively promote your business or organization to the thousands of visitors attending Convention and Visitors Bureau-hosted events and conventions each year.
- Lowell Ambassador volunteers can provide assistance to visitors attending your events, meetings, and conferences in and around the city of Lowell.
- Welcome packages containing walking maps, brochures, and events listings are available for distribution to attendees of events, conferences and meetings.
- Members can participate in the Convention and Visitors Bureau's group tourism packages, offering visitors a wide range of experiences from entertainment and dining to historical tours and hands-on activities.
For more information about joining the Greater Merrimack Valley Convention and
Visitors Bureau call our office at 978-459-6150. We'd love to hear from you!